1. Lightly score skin diagonally, making cuts ¼ inch apart in both directions, creating a diamond pattern.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place duck breast in skillet, skin-side down, and cook 10 minutes.
3. Turn and cook another 6 to 8 minutes on the other side, or to desired doneness.
4. Pull the breast off the heat source and lay on cutting board. Use a thermometer and check internal temperature* to hit 153-155°F. Let the breast sit for another 5 minutes.
5. Then slice the breast into pieces and serve over your favorite dish. Enjoy!
* The USDA recommends cooking whole poultry to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165°F as measured using a food thermometer. Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
Our duck recipes make it easy to use duck in a variety of ways to add flavor and depth to your weekly dinners or snacks!